Happy February! Watch the Super Bowl, find some new restaurants for takeout or check out these other things you can do this weekend.
Eats and drinks
- The Super Bowl is Sunday! Stock up on snacks and food with these six takeout recommendations.
- Start planning early for Valentine’s Day by preordering these fancy takeout feasts.
- A fan of fungi? Ladle up this recipe for homemade creamy mushroom soup.
- Check out this updating list of where you can get takeout or delivery in the Seattle area.
- Need new crime fiction? Check out these three enticing new releases.
- Celebrate Black History Month with these six recent books for readers of all ages.
- Join Moira’s Book Club and see what we’re reading in the upcoming months.
- Find some reading inspiration in these book recommendations from Melinda Gates.
Movies and TV
- DirecTV subscribers in the Seattle area will not get the Super Bowl on KIRO 7-CBS. But never fear, here are other ways to watch the big game on Sunday.
- Watch Netflix’s “Firefly Lane,” adapted from Bainbridge Island author Kristen Hannah’s breakthrough novel
- Find something to stream from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- If you’re hitting the slopes or getting out to do other snow sports, brush up on these tips for how to safely share Washington trails.
- Washington State Parks has opened three new temporary Sno-Parks close to Seattle to alleviate the overcrowding issues we’ve seen this winter. Check them out!
- Read our new outdoors column, “In the Unlikely Event,” this week discussing how you can avoid avalanche danger.
Arts and community
- Attend these virtual benefits, or check out other online and in-person events happening around the Seattle area.
- These arts and entertainment venues have reopened in Phase 2 of the “Healthy Washington” plan.
- Discover Seattle’s short-story dispenser at a Beacon Hill coffee shop. It’ll give you something to read while you wait for your order!