Welcome to the weekend! Whether you’re staying in or going out, check out our roundup of things you can do in the coming days.
Eats and drinks
- If you’re taking a flight, you can now order food to be delivered directly to your gate at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- Need an energy boost? Make this recipe for a creamy caffeinated Himalayan butter tea.
- For all the vegans and vegan-loving food eaters out there, check out these tasty plant-based spots.
- Looking for a rich, well-balanced treat? Make this recipe for The Flora Bakehouse’s kimchi blue cheese scones.
- Not quite ready to say goodbye to summer? Savor the last of the season with this berry spoon cake recipe.
- Explore a trendy plant-based protein and make this marinated baked tempeh.
Movies and TV
- Find something to watch from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Read this book by local teen baker and author Sahana Vij publishing Sept. 11. (Vij will also sign books and demonstrate a recipe 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Sept. 11 at Book Larder in Fremont.)
- Fall is right around the corner! Here are three mysteries and other paperback picks to help ease you into the season.
Arts and community events
- Check out these events in the Puget Sound area this weekend commemorating the 20th anniversary of 9/11. You can also view the new 9/11 memorial at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
- Rejoice in the return of live music at Everett’s Fisherman’s Village Music Festival and Night Market. Or check out these other fun things to do around Seattle.
- Here are five things to know before seeing Ms. Pak-Man in all her glory at ‘Ms. Pak-Man: Breakout!’
- There’s a new jazz venue in Ravenna, and two of the hottest acts in jazz are coming to the area. Here’s who’s playing and where.