Happy Friday! Celebrate Easter, take time to relax and/or check out these other things you can do this weekend.
Eats and drinks
- Here’s how to dig for Manila clams in the Puget Sound region — and a great recipe for clam pasta.
- Celebrate Easter with this recipe for a meat or vegetarian Frittata Florentine.
- Enjoy Seattle Restaurant Week — here’s how to navigate it with COVID-19 cases again on the rise.
- Check out this updating list of where you can get takeout or delivery in the Seattle area.
- Find some inspiration from Spokane-based author Kate Lebo, of “Pie School” fame, who has shared her reading picks.
- Transport yourself across the world and back in time with these three new crime novels.
- Remember the late Beverly Cleary, whose characters played a key role in so many of our childhoods.
Movies, TV and theater
- Want to be in a Steven Soderbergh movie? You can find casting details for his new film set in Seattle here.
- Brush up on the 2021 Oscar nominees for best picture with these reviews from our movie critic.
- Stream ACT Theatre’s savvy, visually interesting “Wad.”
- Catch actor Kyle MacLachlan, a Yakima native and UW grad, as President Franklin D. Roosevelt in the PBS “Masterpiece” miniseries “Atlantic Crossing.”
- Find something to stream from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Visit the beloved Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Here’s what to expect before you go.
- Take your dog for a walk — or more challenging hike — on these trails in Seattle, Issaquah and North Bend.
Arts and community
- Check out this Drive-Thru Easter Dinner Fundraiser or other virtual and distanced in-person events happening around the Seattle area.
- Watch Pacific Northwest Ballet’s fourth program of its all-digital season. Rep 4 brings three contemporary ballets (two world premieres and one from the archives) by Donald Byrd, Alejandro Cerrudo and Alexei Ratmansky.