Welcome to the weekend! Check out this roundup of local events and activities you can do in the coming days.
Eats and drinks
- Cool off with these four new ice cream shops, bringing taiyaki cones, unique flavors and more to the Seattle area.
- Make the very best tuna salad sandwich with these tips from five top Seattle-area chefs.
- Check out one of these 32 new restaurants in Seattle, serving up sushi, barbecue, sandwiches and more.
Movies and TV
- Find something to watch from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Embrace the shorter days with these four mystery and crime novels.
- Need some bookshelf inspiration? Here’s what restaurateur Mark Canlis is reading.
- Pick up one of these four compelling and graceful books for ballet lovers.
Outdoors and travel
- Take a step back in time with hikes to the ghost town of Monte Cristo and along the Iron Goat Trail.
- Go on a spooky hike through the Snoqualmie Tunnel, which takes you through two miles of total darkness.
- Take your summer workouts to the park with these outdoor exercises.
- Go on a weekend getaway to Zion National Park in Utah with these tips.
Arts and community events
- Find out how you can watch movies under the stars, or check out these other fun things to do around Seattle.
- Visit MOHAI’s latest exhibit, “Da Vinci — Inventions,” which explores the breadth of Leonardo da Vinci’s genius, with a special focus on his inventions.
- Head to Tacoma or White Center to find some of the area’s best outdoor music venues.