From the disappearance of bar soap to the demise of breakfast cereal, here’s a generation fighting a big blame game.
Here are a few of the things that millennials have been blamed for:
• The declining popularity of bar soap: www.cbsnews.com/news/blame-millennials-for-the-vanishing-bar-of-soap
Most Read Life Stories
- Will Halloween in Seattle be canceled by COVID-19? Not exactly. But here's how the holiday will be different
- Forget scampi, here's a simple, quick, alternative shrimp recipe that's perfect for weeknight cooking
- Want massive burritos, perfect takeout burgers and posh picnic-basket feasts? Woodinville beckons.
- Despite the pandemic, more than 100 Seattle-area bars and restaurants petition Inslee to extend alcohol sales to 2 a.m.
- A star brewer expands to Ballard and 7 other wine, beer and cider taproom openings around the Seattle area
• Millennials killed the Olympics? Ratings were down in 2016: www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-19/nbc-s-12-billion-olympics-bet-stumbles-thanks-to-millennials
• They’re killing the diamond industry, too? www.thedailybeast.com/why-have-millennials-fallen-out-of-love-with-diamonds
• Also, because they use paper towels at the dinner table, they’re killing the paper napkin trade: www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/home/do-you-use-paper-towels-as-napkins-at-the-dinner-table-you-are-not-alone/2016/03/25/d0d076b0-eb8c-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html?utm_term=. a9cdb7ce2a49
• Forgoing vacations ’cause they’re working and slaving too hard: www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/hey-millennials-stop-killing-the-vacation.html
• How millennials ended the running boom by seeking alternative workouts:
(It was a 1 percent decline from 2015 to 2016, according to Running USA:
• They are killing trees, it is said, because they prefer to read real books: http://2machines.com/182900
You didn’t think that was everything, did you? Here are some more honorable mentions of things millennials apparently killed in 2016:
• The golf industry: http://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-are-hurting-the-golf-industry-2016-7
• The cereal industry: http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/03/14/are-lazy-millennials-killing-cereal-industry