- Seattle Opera puts a zesty 21st century spin on ‘Cosi fan tutte’
- 4 movies open Jan. 12; our reviewers weigh in
- MLK Day 2018: Events to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. in the Seattle area | Weekend Highlight
- 2 newly confirmed van Gogh drawings on show in Netherlands
- Lebanon bans ‘The Post’ over Spielberg’s support for Israel
- UK police say death of The Cranberries’ Dolores O’Riordan is not suspicious
- Kevin Costner says he’s no fan of sequels as writing often suffers
- Zeta-Jones says Michael Douglas is a ‘Me Too’ supporter
James Lee Burke’s “Robicheaux” revisits the author’s best-known figure: Dave Robicheaux, a Cajun sheriff’s deputy in Iberia Parish, Louisiana.
BEIRUT (AP) — Lebanon's censorship authorities are recommending a ban on Steven Spielberg's newspaper drama "The Post" ahead of its planned opening this week in movie theaters in Beirut. The recommendation still needs to be signed by Interior Minister Nouhad Machnouk to enter into effect but that is considered a formality that's unlikely to stop...
LONDON (AP) — The death of Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan is not being treated as suspicious, British police said Tuesday. A friend said the singer sounded excited and "full of life" just hours before her death. O'Riordan was found dead Monday morning at a London hotel. Police initially said the death was "unexplained," but...
Most Read Stories
- Seattle-area rents drop significantly for first time this decade as new apartments sit empty
- Washington state will require court order to release driver’s license info to immigration authorities
- Seahawks bringing back Ken Norton Jr. as defensive coordinator
- Overbilled and overstressed: 3 Seattle City Light customers vent
- Bicyclist struck by car and killed near Golden Gardens Park
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Kevin Costner isn't a big believer in doing film sequels for a simple reason. Costner told TV critics Monday that the writing often isn't as good as in the original movie and it's the screenplay that draws him to a project. He says that's why he's starring in "Yellowstone," a 10-part...
- Helen Pridmore and friends to perform the experimental music of John Cage and Earle Brown
- Sister acts: Musical siblings share the spotlight at Seattle Opera, Meany Theater VIEW
- Robert Mann, a founder of the Juilliard Quartet, dies at 97
- An opera about Steve Jobs is part of Seattle Opera’s 2018-19 season
NEW YORK (AP) — Marcelo Gomes, a high-profile principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre, has resigned amid an investigation into an allegation of sexual misconduct eight years ago, abruptly leaving the second ballet company in the city to be rocked by misconduct allegations. American Ballet Theatre said Thursday it initiated an independent investigation after...
- Live music brings ‘Land of the Sweets: The Burlesque Nutcracker’ to a whole new level
- Kate Wallich + The YC cast a spell in ‘Dream Dances’
- New York City Ballet leader to take leave amid sexual, violence allegations
- Here comes Mother Ginger, a big crowd-pleaser in Pacific Northwest Ballet’s ‘The Nutcracker’ VIEW