Fit & Fun
Exercise is always easier with a friend. With that in mind, the inaugural Muddy Mutt Run kicks off Saturday, May 3.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Thomas Family Farm, 9010 Marsh Road, Snohomish, features a 1.25-mile course of obstacles from foam to sand to tunnels. After the running or walking, humans and dogs alike can enjoy a get-together on the farm.
Proceeds will go to help charities, including the Seattle Humane Society. Co-directors Mary Meyer and Sally Edwards say the Muddy Mutt is dedicated to helping find homes and supporting shelters. Donations will also go to helping animals affected by the Oso mud slide, including the working dogs involved in the recovery effort.
Most Read Local Stories
- Bystander hailed as hero after killing suspect in spree of violence in Tumwater
- Evergreen State College is updating after protests, decline in enrollment VIEW
- Yet another casualty of Seattle’s progress: ‘Where will a stylish man turn?’ | Danny Westneat VIEW
- 'Oh my god': Giant 45-pound catfish caught in Green Lake WATCH
- Man found fatally shot in Shoreline
To learn more or register, see: themuddymuttrun.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com