Fit & Fun
Exercise is always easier with a friend. With that in mind, the inaugural Muddy Mutt Run kicks off Saturday, May 3.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Thomas Family Farm, 9010 Marsh Road, Snohomish, features a 1.25-mile course of obstacles from foam to sand to tunnels. After the running or walking, humans and dogs alike can enjoy a get-together on the farm.
Proceeds will go to help charities, including the Seattle Humane Society. Co-directors Mary Meyer and Sally Edwards say the Muddy Mutt is dedicated to helping find homes and supporting shelters. Donations will also go to helping animals affected by the Oso mud slide, including the working dogs involved in the recovery effort.
Most Read Local Stories
- Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
- Seattle homeless camp that allows alcohol, drug use is losing its management as tensions escalate VIEW
- Transfers at Husky Stadium station were 'horrendous,' for some users, so U District community devised a plan for its future stop
- Seattle could break a record as temperatures rise to the upper 70s this week
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
To learn more or register, see: themuddymuttrun.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com