The best items to pick up this month, and a few to hold off on.
April features spring sales galore. Here’s what to buy and avoid next month.
• Winter clearance items: You can get huge savings on cold-weather clothing.
• Summer travel: If you’re planning on booking a trip for May through August, now is the time to find the lowest fares.
• Brand-name TVs: Older models should be deeply discounted in major stores.
• Mother’s Day gifts: Look for pre-holiday sales on jewelry, fragrance and photo gifts.
• Mattresses, tools and major appliances: Hold off until Memorial Day sales.