10 ways to incorporate cozy, relaxing hygge style in your home.
The Danish are considered to be among the happiest people in the world. One reason? Hygge.
“Hygge” is the Danish term for cozy contentment, and you can easily incorporate this relaxing sense of style in your home. Here are 10 ways:
1. Add candles. Nothing signals calm and relaxation more than candles.
2. Create a relaxation area in your home specifically dedicated as a place to recharge.
3. Add natural fragrance, which can help provide a sense of calm. Consider scents such as juniper, fig, pine and sage.
4. Create a predominately white or cream color palette. Soothing colors will automatically help create a sense of calm.
5. Play music, from soothing sounds such as water to sounds such as bells and chimes. One can incorporate a sense of hygge through the use of calming sounds.
6. Incorporate cozy throws and soft toss pillows.
7. Share a sense of hygge with your guests. Welcome them with their own cozy throw and provide slippers.
8. Add light. Allow the maximum amount of natural light to enter a room.
9. Incorporate greenery. From fresh flowers to plants and trees, greenery not only helps to add freshness to a space but will also help improve overall indoor air quality.
10. Incorporate nature. Natural elements such as wood can help warm a space.