Owner of Private Eye on Seattle Tours guides people to haunted sites or places where infamous crimes have taken place.
What do you do? I am the owner and guide of Private Eye on Seattle Tours, which offers Ghost and True Crime tours in the city.
What’s a typical day like? Depending on the schedule, I chauffeur people to either the haunted sites or places in Seattle where infamous crimes have taken place, while sharing the history and stories behind the locations. I also answer phone calls, book tours and promote my company — of course, that involves paperwork.
What’s the best part of the job? I get to meet interesting people from the Pacific Northwest as well as from all over the world. I love having the opportunity to show off Seattle in a different and unique way; plus, I get paid for it! Halloween has always been my favorite season and I dress up in costumes for the tours.
What surprises/scares people about your job? I often hear from my local customers that they “saw the city in a new light,” and that they heard stories and saw neighborhoods that they never knew about. Some of my customers on the ghost tours worry that they will actually have an encounter with a ghost on the tour, while others are surprised when they do.
Most Read Stories
- MacKenzie Scott, billionaire philanthropist, files for divorce
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Bodies, majority of wreckage recovered from Whidbey Island plane crash
- With 2 MAX models at risk, Congress moves to give Boeing a break
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years