Ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your new kitchen sink.
Q: We’re doing a kitchen renovation that will include a new kitchen sink. What do I need to keep in mind so my new kitchen faucet best matches my new kitchen sink?
A: From what I’ve learned working with design professionals, you should ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your kitchen sink.
1. Will you have a single-bowl or double-bowl sink? This is important for choosing the type of spout the faucet will have. Single-bowl sinks may match up best with longer faucet spouts or pull-out spray spouts, while double-bowl kitchen sinks work well with pull-down spray spouts.
2. Will your sink be made out of stainless steel or cast iron? With a stainless steel sink, a faucet with a stainless look matches up nicely. For cast iron, you can match or complement the sink color with fancy faucet trims and finishes.
Most Read Stories
- Restaurant review: This tiny Seattle spot is making world-class pizza
- Rosario Resort, the Orcas showpiece of a former Seattle mayor, is for sale VIEW
- Seattle weather forecast: Goodbye sunshine, hello rain and wind
- Bumbershoot announces 2023 music lineup, eyes comeback bang for your buck
- James Reimer, other NHL players who decline to wear Pride Night jerseys deserve scrutiny
3. Will any special accessories be included? With disposers, you may want a sweeping spray head that can move food waste easily. With built-in cutting boards, touchless faucet technology makes it easier for messy hands to operate the faucet.
Master contractor/plumber Ed Del Grande is known internationally as the author of the book “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet a, and a LEED green associate. For more information, visit eddelgrande.com.