Looking for interesting ways to display books in your home? Here are a few.
Books have long been considered to be treasured household items that are not only passed among generations, but valuable testaments of time.
Even so, homeowners may not realize that books can also be design elements that can dress shelves, create an interesting decorative element and add a pop of color to any space.
The beauty of books is that they come in all different shapes, sizes and colors, and can be used as affordable decorative items to help to glam up your home.
Looking for interesting ways to display books in your home? Here are a few:
1. Always select hardbound books as opposed to paperbacks. Hardbound books won’t damage as easily and feel more luxurious.
2. Consider purchasing books about fashion. These books are often reasonably priced and present festive, fun colors as part of their cover art.
3. Shop at flea markets. They are a great source for interesting books and publications.
4. Consider a monochromatic theme. Books that are all one color can make a bold statement.
5. Don’t like a book’s cover or looking to incorporate a specific pattern or design? Covering books with wrapping or craft paper can be a quick fix.
6. Consider vintage books, perhaps from different decades or in various languages. They can be fun conversation pieces.
7. Use plenty of books on your shelves. Shelf dressing is a popular technique in interior design involving the creative use of vignettes. Books are an affordable, colorful and appropriate way to dress one’s shelves, either in a den or living room.
8. Treat books as you would any other accessory. Books can be showpieces in virtually any room of the home, from the living room to a bedroom, den or entry area.
9. Embrace color. While black and white can be an interesting color combination, bold colors can also create an edgy design element.