When you think of the holiday season, what colors come to mind? Perhaps ruby reds and hunter greens? Maybe metallics such as silver and gold?
The holidays are a time in which bright and festive colors can help set a mood and welcome the festivities. Here are some uncommon tips and ideas to help make your holiday season fun, festive and bright.
1. Consider jewel-toned colors: Vibrant, rich, colors such as sapphire, ruby and emerald always make a statement.
2. Look for interesting opportunities to bring in color, such as through lighting.
3. Use portable holiday items to incorporate color. Decor options include toss pillows, throws and accessory items.
4. Consider using different tints, tones and shades of the same color in a space.
5. Incorporate greenery. Evergreens and hearty berries can help extend the season and allow for holiday color outdoors.
6. Look for interesting color combinations, such as pastel colors paired with neutral colors like black, white, taupe and gray.
7. Use metallic colors such as silver and gold. These elements add a touch of glam to any holiday decor.
8. Make a statement with your table setting or tabletop decor. This is an excellent opportunity to incorporate color and texture.
9. Bring in interesting organic elements — either indoors or outdoors — with branches, twigs and trees.
10. Consider citrus colors such as yellow, orange, green and red to help warm your space.
Cathy Hobbs: email@example.com. Cathy Hobbs is an Emmy Award-winning television host, an interior designer and a home-staging expert based in New York City.