LOS ANGELES (AP) — Wonder Woman has signed on to play the president on “Supergirl.”
Lynda Carter has confirmed on her Twitter account reports of her casting as the commander in chief on the CW series.
The 64-year-old former beauty queen is best known for her role as the title character on the 1970s series, “Wonder Woman.” In 2007, she guest starred on an episode of “Smallville,” the CW series chronicling Superman’s childhood.
“Supergirl” is moving to the CW this fall after CBS decided not to renew the series starring Melissa Benoist. Its season premiere is set for Oct. 10.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing