NEW YORK (AP) — WGN America’s drama “Underground” is set to premiere its second season on March 8, 2017, the network announced Tuesday.
Set in a divided America on the brink of the Civil War, the 10-episode season will add to the cast Aisha Hinds playing abolitionist Harriet Tubman as its characters continue their underground journey to freedom.
Hinds joins returning cast members Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Aldis Hodge, Jessica de Gouw, Alano Miller, Amirah Vann and Christopher Meloni.
John Legend, an executive producer of the series, will also guest star in this second season.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
“Underground,” which debuted last March, has been honored as the first public program presented at Washington’s new Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture.