WACO, Texas (AP) — Police say two goats were fatally shot on the Magnolia Homes property in Waco, Texas, featured on the HGTV television show “Fixer Upper.”
Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Sunday that investigators are trying to determine who killed the livestock.
Police believe one or more people entered the property sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning, when arriving employees found the dead goats. The grounds were closed at the time of the shootings.
Swanton called the animal killings a “senseless act.” Charges could include animal cruelty.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 3 mysteries and more paperbacks to help you ease into fall
The show “Fixer Upper” features husband-and-wife duo Chip and Joanna Gaines rehabbing old homes for clients. Their Magnolia complex includes iconic silos and a market.
Messages left with HGTV and representatives for Magnolia Homes weren’t immediately returned Sunday.