MEXICO CITY (AP) — The U.S. State Department has confirmed that American comedian Kevin Barnett has died in the Mexican border city of Tijuana.
The department did not give any cause of death and declined to make any further comment out of respect for the family.
On Sunday, Barnett posted an Instagram photo of himself standing on a street in Mexico wearing a poncho he said bought to keep warm.
The entertainment news site E! News reported Barnett died of a hemorrhage due to pancreatitis.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- Beloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57
Barnett starred in the Fox sitcom “Rel.”