LOS ANGELES (AP) — U2 will be honored with the Innovator Award at this year’s iHeartRadio Music Awards for their impact on popular culture and commitment to social causes.
IHeartMedia announced Friday that the special honor will be given to the rock band during the awards show in Los Angeles on April 3. The show will air live on TBS, TNT and truTV, as well as on iHeartRadio stations and across the iHeartRadio digital music platform.
The group, comprised of Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr., are celebrating 40 years together this year. U2 has also supported numerous charities and causes, including the ONE organization and the (RED) brand campaign, both co-founded by Bono.
The band is also nominated in the best tour category.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town