As we now all know, this is Simon Cowell’s last season on “American Idol.” After this season, he’ll be leaving to start up his own show, also on FOX, called “The X Factor.” According to Monday’s reporting, the show will air in the fall, so you’ll be able to enjoy both “American Idol” and “The X Factor” without the two shows competing directly against each other.
Cowell has been running and judging “The X Factor” in the UK for six years, and the big advantage for him is that he will not just be a judge on the new show, but will be a producer (which really means even bigger bucks to him).
You know you like “Idol,” but will “X” be better? What do we actually know about this new show set to debut in 2011?
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Burien rapper Travis Thompson signs major-label deal with Epic Records
- How not to run anyone over with a dinosaur: The Burke Museum moves into its new digs VIEW
- 6 movies open Feb. 15; our reviewers weigh in
- These books-turned-movies — including 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette' — are coming to screens near you
- The Dip delivers smoldering sophomore album with 2-night Neumos blowout