As we now all know, this is Simon Cowell’s last season on “American Idol.” After this season, he’ll be leaving to start up his own show, also on FOX, called “The X Factor.” According to Monday’s reporting, the show will air in the fall, so you’ll be able to enjoy both “American Idol” and “The X Factor” without the two shows competing directly against each other.
Cowell has been running and judging “The X Factor” in the UK for six years, and the big advantage for him is that he will not just be a judge on the new show, but will be a producer (which really means even bigger bucks to him).
You know you like “Idol,” but will “X” be better? What do we actually know about this new show set to debut in 2011?
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Queen + Adam Lambert conquer Tacoma Dome with blockbuster panache on Rhapsody tour
- 2 glassblowers, from Seattle and Tacoma, feel the fire on new Netflix competition 'Blown Away' WATCH
- The real-life family lie that inspired director Lulu Wang's 'The Farewell,' starring Awkwafina
- KUBE 93.3's Summer Jam comeback concert is canceled
- Ticket alert: Post Malone kicking off Runaway tour at Tacoma Dome