As we now all know, this is Simon Cowell’s last season on “American Idol.” After this season, he’ll be leaving to start up his own show, also on FOX, called “The X Factor.” According to Monday’s reporting, the show will air in the fall, so you’ll be able to enjoy both “American Idol” and “The X Factor” without the two shows competing directly against each other.
Cowell has been running and judging “The X Factor” in the UK for six years, and the big advantage for him is that he will not just be a judge on the new show, but will be a producer (which really means even bigger bucks to him).
You know you like “Idol,” but will “X” be better? What do we actually know about this new show set to debut in 2011?
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 essential concerts for fall VIEW
- Big stars and local acts: Here's who to laugh at in Seattle this fall VIEW
- The story of ‘Baby Shark’: How toddlers around the world made a K-pop earworm go viral
- Fall reading 2018: 9 books to curl up with this cozy time of year
- Dave Matthews treats Seattle fans to intimate, invite-only Columbia City Theater show VIEW