As we now all know, this is Simon Cowell’s last season on “American Idol.” After this season, he’ll be leaving to start up his own show, also on FOX, called “The X Factor.” According to Monday’s reporting, the show will air in the fall, so you’ll be able to enjoy both “American Idol” and “The X Factor” without the two shows competing directly against each other.
Cowell has been running and judging “The X Factor” in the UK for six years, and the big advantage for him is that he will not just be a judge on the new show, but will be a producer (which really means even bigger bucks to him).
You know you like “Idol,” but will “X” be better? What do we actually know about this new show set to debut in 2011?
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in