Sailors, friends and family members are tested on their nautical and shark knowledge.
Season-nine premiere of the game show hosted by comedian Ben Bailey kicks off with a special Shark Week episode; Ben tests groups of sailors, friends and family members on their nautical and shark knowledge; 7 p.m. Friday on Discovery Channel.
Also on Friday
“Quantico,” 8 p.m. (KOMO): Conor Devlin continues to seek revenge; someone from Alex’s past comes back into her life.
“Safari Live: The Gauntlet,” 8 p.m. (NATGEOWILD): Season premiere; safari guides follow the migration of 2 million wildebeest.
“Megalodon: Fact vs. Fiction,” 8 p.m. (DISCOVERY): Experts discuss Megalodons, an extinct species of giant sharks, including a first look at the 2018 movie “The Meg.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Alice in Chains to perform atop Space Needle among string of Seattle events
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' is a parallel Asian world of values I don’t recognize, but I hope it's a hit
- Review: 'Crazy Rich Asians' reminds us what a gift a joyful rom-com can be WATCH
- 'Crazy Rich Asians' fans buy out theaters in pursuit of a #GoldOpen in Seattle and elsewhere
- 'Crazy Rich Asians,' 'Mile 22' and 3 other movies open the week of Aug. 17; our reviewers weigh in VIEW
“Whistleblower,” 8 p.m. (KIRO): An employee at a top military contractor discovers and attempts to expose massive fraud.
“The Great British Baking Show,” 9 p.m. (KCTS): The bakers face three sweet dough challenges; creating signature regional buns; jam doughnuts; and a showstopping enriched dough loaf.
“Wynonna Earp,” 9 p.m. (SYFY): The demon who cursed the Earp heir reveals himself in a shocking turn of events that will leave the team forever changed.
“Double Dare,” 8 p.m. (NICK): Rico Rodriquez and his teammate take on Raini Rodriguez and her partner on the messy kids’ game show.
“In Search Of,” 10 p.m. (HISTORY): Zachary Quinto investigates superhumans and meets a man who bent the metal frame of a car door with his bare hands in a moment of crisis, and a Shaolin warrior monk who demonstrates his training secrets.
Madeline McKenzie: email@example.com. Program times may vary depending on your cable provider or service.