Also airing Thursday, Aug. 4, 2016: “Rio Olympics Preview Special” on NBC and “Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll” on FX.
‘Queen of the South’
Alice Braga stars in this new drama series as Teresa Mendoza, a woman trying to bring down the leader of a drug-trafficking ring. It’s based on the novel “La Reina Del Sur” by Arturo Pérez-Reverte. 10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 4, on USA.
Also on Thursday
“MLB Baseball,” 7 p.m. (ROOT): Boston Red Sox at Seattle Mariners (Live).
“King Kong” (1933), 7 p.m. (TCM): Shipped from mysterious Skull Island for display in the United States, a gigantic ape escapes from his bonds and carries a beautiful blonde to the top of the Empire State Building.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Now streaming: 'The Last Duel,' 'A Hero,' 'Munich: The Edge of War,' 'Last Night in Soho' and more
- At Phinney Books, a neighborhood bookstore has patiently assembled one of Seattle’s best browsing experiences
- Alec Baldwin sued for defamation by family of slain Marine
- Here's how badly the pandemic hurt Washington arts — and some ways the sector can recover
- French actor Gaspard Ulliel, 37, dies after ski accident
“Rio Olympics Preview Special,” 8 p.m. (NBC): Bob Costas addresses all of the topics related to the Rio Olympics and introduces the host city and country.
“Home Free,” 8 p.m. (Fox): The remaining two contestants compete to win the ultimate dream home for their chosen heroes.
“Greatest Hits,” 9 p.m. (ABC): Musical performances by Sheryl Crow, Celine Dion, Ariana Grande, Adam Lambert, Cyndi Lauper and Nelly.
“Mountain Men,” 9 p.m. (History): Eustace struggles to accept the reality of his injuries.
“Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll,” 10 p.m. (FX): When the band meets a rousing young fan, Johnny discovers he has a new talent.
“Lone Star Law,” 10:02 p.m. (Animal Planet): Hunters in Texas fill the woods trying to bag a prize buck.