The countdown has begun: Only 15 days until the premiere of Season 9 of "American Idol." Are you already sick of all the promo spots on FOX?
The countdown has begun: Only 15 days until the premiere of Season 9 of “American Idol.” Are you already sick of all the promo spots on FOX?
Here’s hoping the show can move past last season’s missteps — a Top 36? — and be worthy of its lofty rating as America’s most-watched show. The debut of Ellen Degeneres as a judge is something to look forward to, although I will miss Paula Abdul’s randomness.
The format of this blog will change a bit as well. First, I’ve enlisted a few friends to help with the postings. This will take some of the load off me while at the same time giving the blog a dose of new vitality. I’m excited about what we’ll be able to do as a team.
Second, I want reader contributions. And maybe that means you! We’re going to try an experiment: Guest bloggers will be invited to submit posts during the first two weeks of the show, and a selected few will be asked to be citizen contributors throughout the season. One catch though: You have to be a reader in the Seattle region. You could get your name in lights! More to come on this soon.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The Academy is messing with its Oscars formula again. Is that a good thing? Our critic weighs in.
- Oscars 2019 poll: Our critic shares her predictions, what are yours?
- Now streaming: 'A Star Is Born,' 'Shoplifters,' 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?'
- A closer look at three National Book Critics Circle finalists VIEW
- 'Fighting With My Family' is a shaggily likable underdog wrestling tale WATCH
To get things started, here’s the release from FOX of this season’s “American Idol” schedule: