The countdown has begun: Only 15 days until the premiere of Season 9 of "American Idol." Are you already sick of all the promo spots on FOX?
The countdown has begun: Only 15 days until the premiere of Season 9 of “American Idol.” Are you already sick of all the promo spots on FOX?
Here’s hoping the show can move past last season’s missteps — a Top 36? — and be worthy of its lofty rating as America’s most-watched show. The debut of Ellen Degeneres as a judge is something to look forward to, although I will miss Paula Abdul’s randomness.
The format of this blog will change a bit as well. First, I’ve enlisted a few friends to help with the postings. This will take some of the load off me while at the same time giving the blog a dose of new vitality. I’m excited about what we’ll be able to do as a team.
Second, I want reader contributions. And maybe that means you! We’re going to try an experiment: Guest bloggers will be invited to submit posts during the first two weeks of the show, and a selected few will be asked to be citizen contributors throughout the season. One catch though: You have to be a reader in the Seattle region. You could get your name in lights! More to come on this soon.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
To get things started, here’s the release from FOX of this season’s “American Idol” schedule: