We decided it's time for our first ever "Idol Confessions" video contest, based on General Larry Platt's catchy tune, "Pants on the Ground!"
UPDATE on Jan. 21: We’ve canceled this contest due to too few entries.
The buzz about General Larry Platt‘s performance of “Pants on the Ground!” on Wednesday night’s “American Idol” is spreading like wildfire across the Internet. See the video here.
With that in mind, we decided it’s time for our first ever “Idol Confessions” video contest. So here’s the deal:
• We’re looking for creative video interpretations of the song. We’ll showcase the best ones and pick one to be the winner of the contest. (And we reserve the right to cancel the contest if we get too few entries.)
• Send the link of your uploaded video (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is noon Friday, Jan. 22.
• Because there’s a prize (see below) involved that must be picked up in person in downtown Seattle, the winner must live in the greater Seattle area.
• See the fine print below for more rules.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
The prize: In the spirit of the song, we’ll take you shopping for a new belt (up to $50 value). And you’ll need to let us take your picture with the prize that we’ll post on the blog.
Here’s a little example: a three-year-old rockin’ out to “Pants”: