We decided it's time for our first ever "Idol Confessions" video contest, based on General Larry Platt's catchy tune, "Pants on the Ground!"
UPDATE on Jan. 21: We’ve canceled this contest due to too few entries.
The buzz about General Larry Platt‘s performance of “Pants on the Ground!” on Wednesday night’s “American Idol” is spreading like wildfire across the Internet. See the video here.
With that in mind, we decided it’s time for our first ever “Idol Confessions” video contest. So here’s the deal:
• We’re looking for creative video interpretations of the song. We’ll showcase the best ones and pick one to be the winner of the contest. (And we reserve the right to cancel the contest if we get too few entries.)
• Send the link of your uploaded video (Youtube, Vimeo, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is noon Friday, Jan. 22.
• Because there’s a prize (see below) involved that must be picked up in person in downtown Seattle, the winner must live in the greater Seattle area.
• See the fine print below for more rules.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Intiman Theatre tries a radical experiment, giving away every ticket for free
- Feast your eyes on what the Bite of Seattle has to offer this weekend
- Scarlet Parke delivered Seattle’s pop album of the summer, just in time for Capitol Hill Block Party
- 8 artists to watch at Capitol Hill Block Party 2019
- 'The Lion King' review: Hail to Disney's powerful, visually stunning remake WATCH
The prize: In the spirit of the song, we’ll take you shopping for a new belt (up to $50 value). And you’ll need to let us take your picture with the prize that we’ll post on the blog.
Here’s a little example: a three-year-old rockin’ out to “Pants”: