After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- New on Netflix in June 2018: 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi,' 'Thor: Ragnarok' and new seasons of 'Luke Cage' and 'Marcella'
- Possibly 'the most remarkable young pianist of our time'? Benjamin Grosvenor is back in Seattle
- Celebrate Seattle's LGBTQ community with Pride events from Capitol Hill to downtown
- A dumpling baby and toilet paper as Kleenex: Director of Pixar short ‘Bao’ unwraps her inspiration
- Thor isn't coming: Chris Hemsworth pulls out of Seattle's ACE Comic Con due to scheduling conflicts
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.