After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Chris Cornell statue coming to Seattle's MoPOP next month
- Eat and drink up at Bite of Seattle, with craft brews, large and small tastings, outdoor entertainment
- 5 Capitol Hill Block Party acts to watch
- Rising Seattle star Parisalexa is ready for her Capitol Hill Block Party close-up
- 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again': Such super troupers in sweet, silly, song-filled sequel WATCH
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.