After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Break out the popcorn! Summer movies from "Avengers: Infinity War" to "Incredibles 2" are on their way VIEW
- Turmoil inside KOMO News as conservative owner Sinclair mandates talking points
- 23 bookstores are participating in Seattle Independent Bookstore Day; how many can you get to?
- Anonymous donor leaves $10 million to Seattle radio station KEXP | Nicole Brodeur
- Record Store Day Seattle: The ultimate guide to RSD 2018 deals and events
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.