After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Michelle Obama discusses her book 'Becoming' with local book club members before Tacoma Dome talk VIEW
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- Vote for which book you'd like to read for Round 2 of Moira's Book Club discussions
- Crime fiction: Jasper Fforde's 'Early Riser' is not your average mystery novel
- End of the Rainbow, Sasquatch replacement festival, 'postponed indefinitely'
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.