After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- What’s there to do in Seattle this weekend? Alternative Fourth of July activities and more
- New must-see options to stream this week: the glorious 'Hamilton' and sly 'The Truth'
- Check out these 6 travel guides to route your Pacific Northwest road trip (or just to imagine from home) VIEW
- Washington state ironworker to show her strengths on new CBS reality competition 'Tough as Nails'
- UK judge says Amber Heard can be in court for Depp testimony
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.