After a semitruck hauling propane rolled over Monday, Interstate 5 was shut down for hours. But that didn't stop one improvising taco truck.
Seth Meyers chimed in on Seattle’s epic traffic jam Monday, making the improvising taco truck that opened on the freeway to serve lunch the butt of a joke.
“Nothing gets the traffic moving like a taco,” Meyers said at the tail end of his Late Night monologue on Tuesday.
Tacos El Tajin was among the hundreds of vehicles stuck in a full closure of Interstate 5 on Monday. The truck was on its way to South Lake Union for lunch, but got held up for hours after a semitruck hauling propane rolled over.
The wreck, which led to the closure and a nasty commute later in the day, didn’t stop El Tajin employees from opening for lunch anyway.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Ciara heads to Harvard for business-school program
- You can’t rush perfection. ‘Game of Thrones’ tried and came out like an undercooked Hot Pocket.
- 'Aladdin' review: A rather loud remake without any of the magic of the original
- Looking for some great page turners for your summer reading? Here are 10 to start you off — with a chance to win prizes.
- Seattle theater community holds fundraiser for local actors whose daughter was diagnosed with cancer
“We are ready to serve food, everywhere,” the truck’s owner said on Monday.