NEW YORK (AP) — Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will attempt to fill Donald Trump’s shoes on “The Celebrity Apprentice.”
NBC announced Monday that the movie star and two-term governor is the new host of the competition show, which will return to the network for the 2016 television season.
Trump made the show a success, with first regular folks and then celebrities competing in business-related tasks. In seven seasons, NBC said “The Celebrity Apprentice” has helped raise more than $15 million for charity.
There’s no word on whether Schwarzenegger will replace Trump’s “you’re fired” catchphrase with his own “you’re terminated.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Artists tell the stories behind 4 art installations that will anchor Seattle’s AIDS Memorial Pathway
- Looking for good noir novels set in the Pacific Northwest? Here are some reader recommendations
- 3 Seattle teachers win $1 million in National Geographic's 'Race to the Center of the Earth'
- Daniel James Brown, author of ‘The Boys in the Boat,’ discusses his latest, ‘Facing the Mountain’
- ZooTunes is back, with its first summer 2021 concerts lined up