Wednesday's 'American Idol' didn't have the energy that the debut Tuesday night had. We only saw 11 of the contestants get through to Hollywood, so either the producers don't want to show us the diamonds, or they were just not television-worthy.
Wednesday’s ‘American Idol’ didn’t have the energy that the debut Tuesday night had. We only saw 11 of the contestants get through to Hollywood, so either the producers don’t want to show us the diamonds, or they were just not television-worthy.
We heard a lot of country auditions tonight. Among the decent ones were Mallorie Hailey, and even though Vanessa Wolfe from Vonore, Tenn., got through, I doubt she makes it through Hollywood.
There were a couple of notable gimmicks. The girl dressed up as a guitar, Holly Harden, made it through. I hope the next time we see her she has ditched the costume. And near the end of the show, contestant Lamar Royal, pictured at right, just did not want to hear “no.” Four large guys escorted him out of the room, down the 27-floor elevator ride and out the front doors.
The show ended with the original song “Pants on the Ground” by Larry Platt. The 62-year-old worked hard to sell the song. Will you find yourself singing it at the water cooler? Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground! …
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Not even a goodbye: KIRO abruptly cancels 'The Ron & Don Show'
- Q13 Fox staffer fired after TV station airs altered Trump video WATCH
- New on Netflix in January 2019: 'Ant-Man and the Wasp,' 'Incredibles 2,' 'Black Earth Rising' and 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
- Tacoma Art Museum opens new Benaroya wing VIEW
- 5 movies open Jan. 18; our reviewers weigh in