The Seattle Times' "American Idol" blog is going to be a little different this year. I've enlisted some other fans to help me out during the week, so that I can concentrate on the live blogging on show nights. I'll be introducing the new crew on Tuesday.
The Seattle Times’ “American Idol” blog is going to be a little different this year. I’ve enlisted some other fans to help me out during the week, so that I can concentrate on the live blogging on show nights. I’ll be introducing the new crew on Tuesday.
But I need even more help. This post is the official casting call for reader bloggers. Come join the fun!
Here’s the scoop:
• This is all about having your name in lights on the blog. That means we can’t pay you. But you’ll get my admiration and respect every week.
• You have to be a resident of Washington state.
• If you’re under 18, you need to mention that and provide me with the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
• The first two weeks of the show will be a tryout period. I’ll ask you to e-mail a blog post (maybe three to six paragraphs?) about some aspect of the show within 12 hours of its airing on either Tuesday or Wednesday night. You’ll need to do this in both of the first two weeks. If you want to send even more items, that’s even better.
• The best two applicants will be asked to be regular contributors to the blog.
If you’re interested in giving it a shot, e-mail me at the bpayne(@ sign)seattletimes.com and let me know.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 essential concerts for fall VIEW
- A guide to the Seattle art world, for newcomers and locals alike
- Dave Matthews treats Seattle fans to intimate, invite-only Columbia City Theater show VIEW
- The story of ‘Baby Shark’: How toddlers around the world made a K-pop earworm go viral
- Fall reading 2018: 9 books to curl up with this cozy time of year