The Seattle Times' "American Idol" blog is going to be a little different this year. I've enlisted some other fans to help me out during the week, so that I can concentrate on the live blogging on show nights. I'll be introducing the new crew on Tuesday.
The Seattle Times’ “American Idol” blog is going to be a little different this year. I’ve enlisted some other fans to help me out during the week, so that I can concentrate on the live blogging on show nights. I’ll be introducing the new crew on Tuesday.
But I need even more help. This post is the official casting call for reader bloggers. Come join the fun!
Here’s the scoop:
• This is all about having your name in lights on the blog. That means we can’t pay you. But you’ll get my admiration and respect every week.
• You have to be a resident of Washington state.
• If you’re under 18, you need to mention that and provide me with the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
• The first two weeks of the show will be a tryout period. I’ll ask you to e-mail a blog post (maybe three to six paragraphs?) about some aspect of the show within 12 hours of its airing on either Tuesday or Wednesday night. You’ll need to do this in both of the first two weeks. If you want to send even more items, that’s even better.
• The best two applicants will be asked to be regular contributors to the blog.
If you’re interested in giving it a shot, e-mail me at the bpayne(@ sign)seattletimes.com and let me know.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Joe Walsh's VetsAid was a familial star-powered party at Tacoma Dome, raising $1.2 million
- A giant light maze, skating trail and marketplace take over Safeco Field this winter
- Joe Walsh's VetsAid concert at Tacoma Dome unites rock greats for great cause
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers test out the new happy-hour tour at the Frye Art Museum VIEW
- How my neighborhood's scrappy annual crafts fair became a seasonal tradition