Yup, all the rumors are now confirmed: This will be Simon Cowell's last season on "American Idol."
Yup, all the rumors are now confirmed: This will be Simon Cowell‘s last season on “American Idol.” CNN even sent out a breaking news alert e-mail about it.
He says that he’ll concentrate on “X Factor” next season, and that doing two shows would have been too difficult. Here’s another story we’ve posted from the Kansas City Star.
What do you think about this news? Take the poll and leave your thoughts in the comments.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Now streaming: 'A Star Is Born,' 'Shoplifters,' 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?'
- Basement rock den Screwdriver Bar opens a new venue space, hosting local and touring bands
- 'Empire' actor charged with making false police report VIEW
- Here’s 'Romeo and Juliet' like you’ve never seen it, with the star-crossed lovers bridging the gap between American Sign Language and English
- Get an early whiff of spring at 2019 Northwest Flower & Garden Festival
My take: I may be in the minority, but I like to think the show is about the people and the sounds they create when they get up on stage. I like the whole concept that an artist who has been toiling away in obscurity (such as David Cook in a Tulsa bar) can suddenly achieve fame and fortune when the stars align. I like the horse-race idea: You pick your favorite and cheer them on. To me the judges’ comments are just an afterthought. So I don’t think I’ll miss him.
Richard Rushfield, ex-LA Times “Idol” blogger, has been tweeting the FOX press conference today, so check there for more tidbits.