Yup, all the rumors are now confirmed: This will be Simon Cowell's last season on "American Idol."
Yup, all the rumors are now confirmed: This will be Simon Cowell‘s last season on “American Idol.” CNN even sent out a breaking news alert e-mail about it.
He says that he’ll concentrate on “X Factor” next season, and that doing two shows would have been too difficult. Here’s another story we’ve posted from the Kansas City Star.
What do you think about this news? Take the poll and leave your thoughts in the comments.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Emmys: An epic proposal, but winners lacking in diversity VIEW
- 6 new albums from Seattle artists you need to hear VIEW
- A guide to the Seattle art world, for newcomers and locals alike
- 2018 Emmy Winners: A Complete List
- Yes, that actually happened: An Emmy winner proposed on stage to his girlfriend
My take: I may be in the minority, but I like to think the show is about the people and the sounds they create when they get up on stage. I like the whole concept that an artist who has been toiling away in obscurity (such as David Cook in a Tulsa bar) can suddenly achieve fame and fortune when the stars align. I like the horse-race idea: You pick your favorite and cheer them on. To me the judges’ comments are just an afterthought. So I don’t think I’ll miss him.
Richard Rushfield, ex-LA Times “Idol” blogger, has been tweeting the FOX press conference today, so check there for more tidbits.