Also airing Monday, Feb. 15, 2016: “The 58th Annual Grammy Awards” on CBS and “Major Crimes” on TNT.
‘Better Call Saul’
When this wonderfully strange legal drama premiered last year, fans of “Breaking Bad” hoped that this prequel would fill the void. But watching Bob Odenkirk’s idealistic Jimmy McGill slowly become “Breaking Bad’s” Saul Goodman is an embarrassment of TV riches. Also, great supporting work from Jonathan Banks, Michael McKean and Rhea Seehorn. Season premiere, 10 p.m. Monday, Feb. 15, on AMC.
Also on Monday
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- New on Netflix in December 2019: 'Marriage Story,' '6 Underground,' 'The Two Popes'
- Ahamefule J. Oluo’s earlier show played off-Broadway. Now he’s back with 'Susan,' a new show about his mom.
- Can't wait for 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker'? Get ready with these Seattle-area events.
- New on Amazon in December 2019: 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,' 'The Expanse,' 'The Aeronauts'
- Now streaming: 'Marriage Story,' 'Ready or Not,' 'The Goldfinch,' 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'
“The 58th Annual Grammy Awards,” 5 p.m. (CBS): Festivities at Staples Center in Los Angeles honor excellence in the recording industry (Live).
“The X-Files,” 8 p.m. (Fox): After an art gallery bombing, Mulder and Scully must find a way to communicate with a comatose bomber in hopes of preventing more attacks.
“Ellen’s Design Challenge,” 9 p.m. (HGTV): Ellen sends personal messages to the designers, giving them unique furniture assignments.
“The Biggest Loser,” 9 p.m. (NBC): The winner of a challenge will be faced with a potentially game-changing temptation.
“Cake Wars,” 9 p.m. (Food): The Aquarium of the Pacific throws a celebration for their Shark Lagoon nights, and the four bakers battle for the chance to have their cake creation be the centerpiece of the party.
“Major Crimes,” 9 p.m. (TNT): A young woman and her 3-year-old son are shot to death while driving through gang territory in the wrong colored car.
“Castle,” 10:01 p.m. (ABC): The son of a Russian diplomat is murdered; during the investigation, Castle entertains a jovial Russian security guard, who turns out to be more involved in the case than expected.
“Full Frontal with Samantha Bee,” 10:30 p.m. (TBS): In Jordan, Samantha speaks with Syrian refugees and the State Department about the vetting process refugees endure before entering the United States.