We live-blogged Tuesday night's "American Idol" episode, featuring auditions in Chicago.
Week Two of Season 9 of “American Idol” begins with a trip to Chicago. The special guest judge was Shania Twain.
Here’s how the evening unfolded:
5:00 – “This … is ‘American Idol'”
5:03 – We’re in the Windy City, and country superstar Shania Twain is being introduced as the guest judge du jour. She’s pretty … normal. Which is cool.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Feast your eyes on what the Bite of Seattle has to offer this weekend
- 8 artists to watch at Capitol Hill Block Party 2019
- 'The Lion King,' 'The Farewell' and 5 other movies open July 19; our reviewers weigh in
- 'The Lion King' review: Hail to Disney's powerful, visually stunning remake WATCH
- Seattle's Showbox music venue granted landmark status
5:04 – First contestant is Katelyn Epperly of W. Des Moines, Iowa. They’re not wasting any time getting to the sob stories tonight! In this case, Katelyn’s adjusting to life after her parents’ recent divorce. She’s got a nice voice!
5:11 – Amy Lang is up next. Oh my. First she admits to fantasizing about Ryan Seacrest, then she falls to the floor, and then she introduces the world to “boob flexing.” OK now. No Hollywood trip for her though.
5:14 – Sixteen-year-old Charity Vance takes the stage. This could be a tough one: She seems to sing well enough but her voice is high like a child’s. The judges really like her, and she sails through to Hollywood.
5:21 – We’re back. Time for a medley of rejects, but at least a few of them are so bad they’re great!