We live-blogged Tuesday night's "American Idol" episode, featuring auditions in Chicago.
Week Two of Season 9 of “American Idol” begins with a trip to Chicago. The special guest judge was Shania Twain.
Here’s how the evening unfolded:
5:00 – “This … is ‘American Idol'”
5:03 – We’re in the Windy City, and country superstar Shania Twain is being introduced as the guest judge du jour. She’s pretty … normal. Which is cool.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
5:04 – First contestant is Katelyn Epperly of W. Des Moines, Iowa. They’re not wasting any time getting to the sob stories tonight! In this case, Katelyn’s adjusting to life after her parents’ recent divorce. She’s got a nice voice!
5:11 – Amy Lang is up next. Oh my. First she admits to fantasizing about Ryan Seacrest, then she falls to the floor, and then she introduces the world to “boob flexing.” OK now. No Hollywood trip for her though.
5:14 – Sixteen-year-old Charity Vance takes the stage. This could be a tough one: She seems to sing well enough but her voice is high like a child’s. The judges really like her, and she sails through to Hollywood.
5:21 – We’re back. Time for a medley of rejects, but at least a few of them are so bad they’re great!