Here's the live blog from Wednesday night's "American Idol" episode: auditions in Atlanta.
Wednesday night was Episode 2 of Season 9 of “American Idol.” The show went to Atlanta in search of talent.
Here’s how the evening unfolded:
5:00 – “This … is ‘American Idol'”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
- 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald' isn't so fantastic WATCH
- The rise of Minority Retort: Portland's stand-up showcase for comedians of color comes to Seattle
5:01 – Oh man, the intro included a picture of Ryan Seacrest as a little boy in glasses. Very funny. He was born in Atlanta, the site of tonight’s auditions.
5:10 – Back after a computer crash! But I don’t think I missed anything …
5:12 – Kiea Johnson sings “Our Love Will Go On.” Nice hair! Guest judge Mary J. Blige is lovin’ her. She makes it through easily. Four yeses.
5:14 – A medley of divas that made it through to Hollywood. Hot-lanta lives up to that name.
5:15 – Church singer Jermaine Sellers from Illinois is the first human-interest story of the night. He takes care of his sick mom. Randy says “This is the real deal right here.” The judges say he’s the best of the day so far.
5:17 – I want a moratorium on “100 percent yes” and “million percent yes.”
5:22 – Christy Marie Agrownow takes a misguided stab at Pat Benatar. It doesn’t help to make weird faces as you sing.