Here's the live blog from Wednesday night's "American Idol" episode: auditions in Atlanta.
Wednesday night was Episode 2 of Season 9 of “American Idol.” The show went to Atlanta in search of talent.
Here’s how the evening unfolded:
5:00 – “This … is ‘American Idol'”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Burien rapper Travis Thompson signs major-label deal with Epic Records
- How not to run anyone over with a dinosaur: The Burke Museum moves into its new digs VIEW
- 6 movies open Feb. 15; our reviewers weigh in
- These books-turned-movies — including 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette' — are coming to screens near you
- The Dip delivers smoldering sophomore album with 2-night Neumos blowout
5:01 – Oh man, the intro included a picture of Ryan Seacrest as a little boy in glasses. Very funny. He was born in Atlanta, the site of tonight’s auditions.
5:10 – Back after a computer crash! But I don’t think I missed anything …
5:12 – Kiea Johnson sings “Our Love Will Go On.” Nice hair! Guest judge Mary J. Blige is lovin’ her. She makes it through easily. Four yeses.
5:14 – A medley of divas that made it through to Hollywood. Hot-lanta lives up to that name.
5:15 – Church singer Jermaine Sellers from Illinois is the first human-interest story of the night. He takes care of his sick mom. Randy says “This is the real deal right here.” The judges say he’s the best of the day so far.
5:17 – I want a moratorium on “100 percent yes” and “million percent yes.”
5:22 – Christy Marie Agrownow takes a misguided stab at Pat Benatar. It doesn’t help to make weird faces as you sing.