LOS ANGELES (AP) — A transgender child actor will guest star on Wednesday night’s “Modern Family.”
Director Ryan Case has posted on Instagram a picture of herself alongside 8-year-old Jackson Millarker, who identifies as a boy. Case writes that Millarker will play a boy named Tom, who’s a friend of Lily. Lily is the daughter of Cam and Mitchell, played on the show by Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. A spokeswoman for ABC has confirmed Millarker’s appearance.
Case says that Millarker is “just wonderful” and one of many reasons Case loves being a part of the show.
A synopsis of the episode titled “A Stereotypical Day” says Cam and Mitchell overhear Lily insulting Tom and use the moment to teach her a lesson about acceptance.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location