NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Hanks took a break from a jog around New York to surprise a couple on their wedding day.
Video of the encounter shows Hanks greeting the shocked bride and groom as they were getting their wedding pictures taken in Central Park. Hanks kissed the bride’s hand in the video. He declined an invite to the reception, but joked that he would officiate the wedding if need be.
Hanks became an ordained minister to officiate actress Allison Williams’ wedding last year.
Hanks took a selfie with the couple on his phone before continuing on his run. He posted the picture on Instagram and wished the couple “Congrats and blessings!”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.