LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tobey Maguire and Jennifer Meyer have separated after nine years of marriage.
Maguire’s representative has confirmed a People magazine report on the breakup.
The former couple tells People in a joint statement that the decision came “after much soul searching and consideration.” Maguire and Meyer say their “first priority remains raising our children together with enduring love, respect and friendship.”
Maguire and Meyer have a 9-year-old daughter, Ruby, and a 7-year-old son, Otis.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
Meyer is a jewelry designer and the daughter of longtime Hollywood executive Ron Meyer.