NEW YORK (AP) — Turner Sports reporter Craig Sager says in an interview with HBO that his leukemia is no longer in remission.
Sager missed 11 months while undergoing treatment and a bone marrow transplant from his son before returning to his position on the sideline during TNT’s NBA coverage in March 2015. But he says in a “Real Sports” interview to debut Tuesday that he learned last month that the cancer was no longer in remission.
The 64-year-old Sager says he is in “unchartered waters” and must keep his strength up. He adds he has already undergone two stem cell transplants and it’s very rare that someone would have a third, so he has to keep his strength up.
Perhaps best known for his outlandish outfits, Sager is not scheduled to work TNT’s doubleheader Tuesday night.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.