PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — A roundup of news Thursday from the Television Critics Association winter meeting, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs:
TNT AXES ‘RIZZOLI & ISLES’
TNT is ending the crime drama “Rizzoli & Isles” after its seventh season this summer.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
The procedural starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, which usually airs during the summer, has been one of TNT’s most popular programs. It features homicide detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Maura Isles solving crimes in Boston.
But there’s new management at the Turner Networks, with new boss Kevin Reilly favoring edgier fare and stories that develop over time, as opposed to those with individual stories that begin and end each week.
“It had a good run,” Reilly said on Thursday. “It felt like it was time.”