"Hamilton" producers have just announced a $10 digital lottery for tickets to the Seattle shows Feb. 6 to March 18 at the Paramount Theatre.
“Hamilton” producers have just announced a $10 digital lottery for tickets to the Seattle shows, playing Feb. 6 to March 18 at the Paramount Theatre.
For many people, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s massively popular, hiphop-inflected musical — about the lives of impassioned, ambitious U.S. revolutionaries — is prohibitively expensive. Some (verified resale) tickets are going for as much as around $1,000.
But the digital lottery will sell 40 tickets for every performance at $10 apiece.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- ZooTunes summer concert lineup 2019 taking shape
- Big names and aspirations come with 5th Avenue Theatre's Broadway-bound musical 'Marie, Dancing Still' VIEW
- Seattle Opera to become 1 of only 2 big opera companies in the U.S. led by a woman
- 'Gloria Bell' review: Julianne Moore gives a quietly shining performance WATCH
Starting Feb. 4, register via the “Hamilton” app (hamiltonmusical.com/app) or the official “Hamilton” lottery site (hamiltonmusical.com/lottery). (NOTE: Seattle will not be listed as one of the cities for the lottery until 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 4, when the lottery here opens.)
The lottery opens at 11 a.m. (Pacific Time) two days before each performance date and will close at 9 a.m. the day before the show. (No lottery tickets will be available for the evening of Feb. 15 and the matinees of March 8 and 14.)
Email and text notifications (if a mobile number is provided) will be sent — to winners and non-winners alike — at around 11 a.m. the day before the performance. Tickets have to be bought online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day before the performance using the link provided in a notification email.
Only one entry is allowed per person and will be void if resold — so no scalping.
Good luck, everybody!