"Hamilton" producers have just announced a $10 digital lottery for tickets to the Seattle shows Feb. 6 to March 18 at the Paramount Theatre.
“Hamilton” producers have just announced a $10 digital lottery for tickets to the Seattle shows, playing Feb. 6 to March 18 at the Paramount Theatre.
For many people, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s massively popular, hiphop-inflected musical — about the lives of impassioned, ambitious U.S. revolutionaries — is prohibitively expensive. Some (verified resale) tickets are going for as much as around $1,000.
But the digital lottery will sell 40 tickets for every performance at $10 apiece.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Washington state lawmakers make speedy move to shield their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Report: Washington state home to one of the largest cells of notorious white supremacist group WATCH
- Former Huskies star Markelle Fultz received $10K from sports agent before arriving at UW, report says
Starting Feb. 4, register via the “Hamilton” app (hamiltonmusical.com/app) or the official “Hamilton” lottery site (hamiltonmusical.com/lottery). (NOTE: Seattle will not be listed as one of the cities for the lottery until 11 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 4, when the lottery here opens.)
The lottery opens at 11 a.m. (Pacific Time) two days before each performance date and will close at 9 a.m. the day before the show. (No lottery tickets will be available for the evening of Feb. 15 and the matinees of March 8 and 14.)
Email and text notifications (if a mobile number is provided) will be sent — to winners and non-winners alike — at around 11 a.m. the day before the performance. Tickets have to be bought online with a credit card by 4 p.m. the day before the performance using the link provided in a notification email.
Only one entry is allowed per person and will be void if resold — so no scalping.
Good luck, everybody!