NEW YORK (AP) — Stars like Sarah Jessica Parker and husband, Matthew Broderick, Samuel L. Jackson, Jon Bon Jovi, and Laverne Cox have attended the Broadway opening of “Hamilton.”
“I was blown away. It is revolutionary, it will revolutionize American theater. I am in love with ‘Hamilton,'” said Cox, who saw it downtown and went to the Richard Rodgers Theatre on Thursday night for a second helping.
Actress Judith Light, who is shooting the TV show “Transparent” in Los Angeles, flew in just to see the show.
Few shows in recent memory have excited the New York theater community like the hip-hop flavored biography about Alexander Hamilton, the nation’s first treasury secretary.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Anne Heche on life support, survival of crash 'not expected'
- Jon Batiste leaves Stephen Colbert's 'The Late Show'
- The Army is making its first uniform bra. Vets say it's long overdue
- 15 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- In HBO’s bizarre, hilarious ‘The Rehearsal,’ Nathan Fielder helps people prepare for real-life moments
Other celebrities in the audience included Diane Sawyer, Lucy Liu, Rosie O’Donnell, Charlie Rose, and Busta Rhymes.