Seattle Rep's 2018-19 season includes plays and musicals from the likes of Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mike Daisey and Steven Dietz.
The musical, which won a Grammy Award for best musical show album and four 2008 Tony Awards including best musical, had previously played in Seattle in 2010 as part of a national tour.
Later this year, Seattle Repertory Theatre will present a new production of “In the Heights” as part of its 2018-19 season. This new production is in association with Milwaukee Repertory Theater and Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.
Seattle Rep’s full season includes:
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
“A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Ursula Rani Sarma based on the book by Khaled Hosseini, directed by Carey Perloff (Oct. 5-Nov. 10)
“A People’s History,” created and performed by Mike Daisey (Oct. 17-Nov. 25)
“In the Heights,” conceived by and music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, book by Quiara Alegria Hudes, directed by May Adrales (Nov. 23-Dec. 30)
“Last of the Boys” by Steven Dietz, directed by Braden Abraham (Jan. 18-Feb. 10, 2019)
“Susan Hill’s ‘The Woman in Black,'” adapted by Stephen Mallatratt, directed by Robin Herford (Feb. 22-March 24, 2019)
“A Doll’s House, Part 2” by Lucas Hnath, directed by Braden Abraham (March 15-April 28, 2019)
“Nina Simone: Four Women” by Christina Ham, directed by Valerie Curtis-Newton (April 26-June 2, 2019)
“Lydia and the Troll,” a world premiere by Justin Huertas (May 17-June 23, 2019)
For more information: 206-443-2222 or seattlerep.org.