Seattle Rep's 2018-19 season includes plays and musicals from the likes of Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mike Daisey and Steven Dietz.
The musical, which won a Grammy Award for best musical show album and four 2008 Tony Awards including best musical, had previously played in Seattle in 2010 as part of a national tour.
Later this year, Seattle Repertory Theatre will present a new production of “In the Heights” as part of its 2018-19 season. This new production is in association with Milwaukee Repertory Theater and Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.
Seattle Rep’s full season includes:
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Feast your eyes on what the Bite of Seattle has to offer this weekend
- Seattle's Intiman Theatre tries a radical experiment, giving away every ticket for free
- 8 artists to watch at Capitol Hill Block Party 2019
- 'The Lion King,' 'The Farewell' and 5 other movies open July 19; our reviewers weigh in
- 'The Lion King' review: Hail to Disney's powerful, visually stunning remake WATCH
“A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Ursula Rani Sarma based on the book by Khaled Hosseini, directed by Carey Perloff (Oct. 5-Nov. 10)
“A People’s History,” created and performed by Mike Daisey (Oct. 17-Nov. 25)
“In the Heights,” conceived by and music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda, book by Quiara Alegria Hudes, directed by May Adrales (Nov. 23-Dec. 30)
“Last of the Boys” by Steven Dietz, directed by Braden Abraham (Jan. 18-Feb. 10, 2019)
“Susan Hill’s ‘The Woman in Black,'” adapted by Stephen Mallatratt, directed by Robin Herford (Feb. 22-March 24, 2019)
“A Doll’s House, Part 2” by Lucas Hnath, directed by Braden Abraham (March 15-April 28, 2019)
“Nina Simone: Four Women” by Christina Ham, directed by Valerie Curtis-Newton (April 26-June 2, 2019)
“Lydia and the Troll,” a world premiere by Justin Huertas (May 17-June 23, 2019)
For more information: 206-443-2222 or seattlerep.org.