LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is the leading nominee at next month’s MTV Movie Awards, where it will compete with “Creed,” ”Deadpool,” ”Jurassic World,” ”Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “Straight Outta Compton” for movie of the year.
MTV announced the nominations Tuesday for the 25th anniversary of its Movie Awards, airing April 10, via Snapchat — a first for a national awards show.
Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart are set to host the show, which will tape April 9 at Warner Bros. studios in Burbank, California.
The 11 bids for “The Force Awakens” include multiple nominations for stars Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
The MTV Movie Awards added two new categories this year: true story and documentary. Fans can vote for their favorites in all categories online.
The full list of nominees is available at www.movieawards.mtv.com .