RENO, Nev. (AP) — A Twitter plea from a Nevada teen for a year of free chicken nuggets from Wendy’s is now the most retweeted post of all time.
Carter Wilkerson asked the fast food chain on Twitter last month how many retweets it would take for him to get free nuggets for a year. Wendy’s replied, “18 million.”
Wilkerson’s screenshot of the exchange has moved past Ellen DeGeneres’ viral tweet from the 2014 Oscars on Tuesday with more than 3.4 million retweets. Twitter confirmed the record to The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Wendy’s says Wilkerson has earned the nuggets despite not hitting the 18 million mark.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Where to see fireworks and other Fourth of July 2022 events in the Puget Sound area
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case
- Now streaming: 'Doctor Strange 2' on Disney+, 'The Terminal List' on Amazon Prime Video and more
- Biden to award Medal of Freedom to Biles, McCain, Giffords
- A summer cooking class, vintage car show and more fun around Seattle
Wilkerson appeared on DeGeneres’ show last month. She gave him a year’s worth of Ellen-branded underwear and a television, but threatened to take the gifts back if he passed her.
This story has been edited to correct the last name of the teen to Wilkerson, from Wilkinson.