NEW YORK (AP) — The creative team that brought you the best-selling parody of the Pence family rabbit has a new book coming.
Writer Jill Twiss and illustrator EG Keller are collaborating on “The Someone New,” HarperCollins Children’s Books announced Wednesday. Scheduled for June 4, the book is a parable about welcoming outsiders. It tells of a forest in which a chipmunk worries that the entrance of a snail will ruin the world he knows. The publisher will donate some proceeds to a charity aiding immigrant children.
Twiss is a staff writer for John Oliver’s HBO program. She and Keller worked on “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents a Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” which spoofs a picture story by the wife and daughter of Vice President Mike Pence by making Bundo a gay rabbit.
Twiss and Keller have also agreed to a second book for HarperCollins. Details will be revealed at a later date.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
Last month, the Pences announced they would publish two more books about Bundo.