NEW YORK (AP) — The creative team that brought you the best-selling parody of the Pence family rabbit has a new book coming.
Writer Jill Twiss and illustrator EG Keller are collaborating on “The Someone New,” HarperCollins Children’s Books announced Wednesday. Scheduled for June 4, the book is a parable about welcoming outsiders. It tells of a forest in which a chipmunk worries that the entrance of a snail will ruin the world he knows. The publisher will donate some proceeds to a charity aiding immigrant children.
Twiss is a staff writer for John Oliver’s HBO program. She and Keller worked on “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents a Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo,” which spoofs a picture story by the wife and daughter of Vice President Mike Pence by making Bundo a gay rabbit.
Twiss and Keller have also agreed to a second book for HarperCollins. Details will be revealed at a later date.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- From 'Avengers: Endgame' to 'Toy Story 4,' here are some of the most anticipated movies of summer 2019
- 10 movies open April 19 in the Seattle area; our reviewers weigh in
- 'That's not how an innocent person reacts': Late-night hosts rip Trump, Barr over Mueller report
- Nirvana's manager breaks his silence on Kurt Cobain | Nicole Brodeur
- A group of Seattle tech expats from India have created a film, to be shown in the U.S. and India, that takes place in the PNW
Last month, the Pences announced they would publish two more books about Bundo.