NEW YORK (AP) — Danny DeVito will make his Broadway debut next year as a wily furniture dealer in Arthur Miller’s “The Price.”
The Roundabout Theatre Company said Thursday the Emmy Award-winner from “Taxi” and “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” will star alongside John Turturro, Tony Shalhoub and Jessica Hecht. Performances begin Feb. 16 at the American Airlines Theatre.
DeVito began his career in off-Broadway shows, including Shakespeare in the Park. In 2012, he starred with Richard Griffiths in a West End production of Neil Simon’s “The Sunshine Boys.”
In “The Price,” an embittered New York City police officer feels that life has passed him by while he took care of his now dead father. He and his estranged brother, who left to become a successful doctor, must reunite to sell off dad’s possessions.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location