New DVD releases for Tuesday, April 21, include the Liam Neeson actioner “Taken 3” and the zombie parody “The Walking Deceased.”
“Taken 3” brings the action home on Tuesday, April 21. Star ratings are by Seattle Times movie reviewers, freelancers or wire services. For full reviews, search the title at seattletimes.com. Release dates are subject to change.
★★½ “Taken 3” (PG-13): The third installment of the series moves the action from international locations to Los Angeles, where former government operative Bryan Mills is wanted for a crime he didn’t commit. While trying to find the real criminal, there is a cop (played by Forest Whitaker) trying to find him. Liam Neeson stars.
★★½ “Like Sunday, Like Rain” (R): Director Frank Whaley uses a leisurely pace to develop the tender but awkward relationship between a struggling 23-year-old New York nanny (Leighton Meester) and a 12-year-old genius (newcomer Julian Shatkin).
★½ “The Walking Deceased” (rated R): A parody of “The Walking Dead,” “Zombieland,” “Warm Bodies,” “28 Days Later” and the entire career of George A. Romero.
TV and other releases
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
“The Musketeers: The Complete Second Season”