The series starts streaming Friday, Dec. 16, on Netflix.
In a surprise to viewers, Netflix announced a new series, “The OA,” just four days away from its premiere. The eight-episode mystery/thriller follows a blind woman, Prairie Johnson (Brit Marling), who goes missing, but turns up seven years later with her sight restored.
“I didn’t disappear,” Johnson reveals in the trailer. “I was present for all of it.”
Created and written by Brit Marling and Zal Batmanglij, the series starts streaming Friday, Dec. 16, on Netflix.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors