NEW YORK (AP) — Stevie Wonder helped Madonna pay tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards , and now the piano-playing icon will honor the Purple One at Sunday’s BET Awards.
The network announced Thursday that Wonder will join Sheila E., D’Angelo, The Roots and Janelle Monae to honor Prince at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
After Madonna’s Billboard performance was met with criticism, BET tweeted: “Yeah, we saw that. Don’t worry. We Got You.”
BET also announced Thursday that Erykah Badu, Jennifer Hudson, Fat Joe, Remy Ma, French Montana, Young Thug, Bilal, Tori Kelly and Beyonce’s mentees, Chloe x Halle, will perform during the show. Presenters include Spike Lee, Taraji P. Henson, Jamie Foxx and Jussie Smollett.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
Previously announced performers include Maxwell, Usher, Alicia Keys, Future, Desiigner and Bryson Tiller.