LONDON (AP) — Spice Girl Melanie Brown has suffered an unexplained injury in New York that required surgery to prevent her from losing her hand.
Brown said online Monday she needed three hours of surgery to repair damage to her hand. She also said she suffered two broken ribs.
She posted a photograph on Instagram and thanked doctors and nurses for their “wonderful” work but did not explain how the accident occurred.
Brown cancelled a book signing event in New York and apologized to fans who had bought tickets.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- End of the Rainbow, Sasquatch replacement festival, 'postponed indefinitely'
- Michelle Obama discusses her book 'Becoming' with local book club members before Tacoma Dome talk VIEW
- Crime fiction: Jasper Fforde's 'Early Riser' is not your average mystery novel
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- Vote for which book you'd like to read for Round 2 of Moira's Book Club discussions
“Ohhh the pain, but I’m in super safe hands with the care of everyone here at the hospital!!!!! Thank you all for understanding, I love you all,” she said.
The Spice Girls are planning a reunion tour without the services of Victoria Beckham.