ATLANTA (AP) — Snoop Dogg, known for his ultra-smooth West Coast swagger and rap style, will be honored with the “I Am Hip Hop” award at the 11th annual BET Hip-Hop Awards.
BET said Tuesday that Snoop Dogg will receive the award Saturday during the taped event at the Cobb Energy Performing Centre near Atlanta. The show will air on BET on Oct. 4.
DJ Khaled will host the awards for the first time.
Snoop Dogg broke through under the guidance of hitmaker Dr. Dre, releasing his 1993 debut album “Doggystyle,” which featured the songs “Gin and Juice” and “What’s My Name?” He went on to produce a number of hits from “Drop It Like It’s Hot,” ”Beautiful” and “Sensual Seduction.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
Rapper T.I., Gucci Mane, Young Thug and Desiigner are expected to perform.