NEW YORK (AP) — “Saturday Night Live” cast member Pete Davidson is paying tribute to his late father, a New York City firefighter who died while responding to the Sept. 11 attacks.
The comedian was 7 when his father was killed on 9/11.
He posted several photos of his dad to Instagram on the 15th anniversary of the attacks. In one caption , he wrote: “Can’t believe tomorrow is going to be 15 years. Missing the legend!!! Thank u all for ur kind words and support.”
Scott Davidson, a firefighter in Brooklyn Heights, went to the World Trade Center shortly after the second plane struck the twin towers. The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/2cwLBd8 ) that he and five fellow firefighters in his ladder company died while trying to get people out of a hotel.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
Information from: Daily News, http://www.nydailynews.com