NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Country singer Zac Brown says in a statement that he was “in the wrong place at the wrong time” last week in a Palm Beach hotel room where four people were arrested for drug possession.
A report from Palm Beach Police Department showed that Brown, lead singer of the Grammy-winning Zac Brown Band, was present when police arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel on April 8. He was not charged or arrested. The incident was first reported by TMZ.com.
Brown said in a statement on Friday that he did not know the people arrested and cooperated fully with police. He says he is not part of any ongoing police investigation.
Brown said he regretted “using poor judgment and putting myself in that position.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up